Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Metalgazing Premier

This blog is dedicated to a small but rising genre of music, and it’s associates. What is that genre of music you ask? Well, it’s actually gone by several names. Sometimes “atmospheric hardcore” sometimes being referred to as a form of “post-hardcore”. I’ve also heard “atmospheric post-hardcore”, and “metalgaze” as well. I’ve simply chosen to go with “metalgaze” to simplify speaking about it at this site.

Pretty much source I read says that Neurosis started the genre by (usually) slowing down hardcore, cranking up the heaviness, and adding things like keyboards and samples. I would completely agree with that statement. Isis and Cult Of Luna are newer bands who started playing the style earlier than most (if not all other) bands in the genre, and are widely considered to be forerunners helping to move it forward.

The purpose of this site is to provide news, and get connected with information, and other forms of media connected to the bands. One thing you will notice is that I link people to videos rather than post them. The reason why is for some reason YouTube won’t allow me to upload videos (I suspect it might have something to do with the computer I’m using, but I’m not entirely sure).

The other thing you’ll notice is that certain associated bands that don’t fit the mould of metalgaze will appear here. The reason why is because some bands appeal to fans who like metalgaze.

No comments: